Due to time constraints and the volume of evaluation requests, we have been forced to change the way we conduct our voice over evaluations.
For years we would spend hours online or in studio with prospective students, explaining every little element of the craft to them in an effort to help them better understand the business and make a decision as to whether or not they might want to participate in it. For years we provided these lengthy evaluations for free to anyone and everyone who came looking for one.
Times have changed after so many years, things are much more different now and we can no longer take the time away from the studio schedule to sit down with everyone and talk them through such a serious and highly detailed commitment. Quite simply put, the demands of the new studio are outweighing our ability to provide the service as we always have…
So it was time for a change. One that benefited the serious prospective voice over student and preserved our ability to spend time with them while clearing our schedule of the hours long meetings we were conducting with the casually interested, voice over passer-by.
Our voice over evaluations are a tremendous value to any prospective voice talent and over the years we have given that value away for free because we felt it was the right way to give back to the craft. The time has come to modify our approach to the evaluations so that we can continue to offer them.
The only way to successfully accomplish this was to begin to charge for our time, which has always been valuable and is more so now than ever before. We have now implemented a $250 fee for the live, 90 to 120 minute, in-person or online voice over evaluation.
Our voice over evaluations are exactly that, an evaluation. We don’t spare words, or attempt to steer you into our coaching services or the services of anyone else. We simply take a look at your potential and all of the other circumstances surrounding your desire to get into voice over and give you our opinion as to what it will take for you to get going in the business.
The evaluation is live, one on one, intensive and usually a few hours long where we get to discuss marketing approaches, the complications of the business and the studio demands, as well as the performance aspect of commercial and narration voice over. Quite simply put, it is an exhaustive, thorough review of your potential in the business which includes suggestions and guidance as to how to pursue it.
Any time we evaluate a talent we look at:
- your ability to read copy
- your baseline interpretive ability
- your knowledge of recording software and computers
- your current knowledge and understanding of the business
- your level of desire and commitment to training
- your functional understanding of how the craft is performed
- your level of experience and education
- how reasonable your expectations are
- whether or not you should continue your pursuit of the craft
Just understand that at no time will you be coaxed, urged or persuaded in any way to sign up for our coaching services. Your evaluation, is only an evaluation and does not serve as some underhanded platform to get you in the door. We’re not hype artists here. We don’t have the time, nor desire to tell you lies and mislead you. The fee structure is the only way to make sure we can take the time out of a very busy booking schedule to spend with serious, prospective talent.
Here are a few things to keep in mind…
- If you elect to signup for an evaluation your request will be expedited to the next available business day or evening that agrees with your schedule and ours. Live evaluations are pre-paid. You can use the PayPal or Google Checkout payment links on this page – or present cash upon arrival on the day of your in-studio visit.
- Live voice over evaluations require you to either use Skype to communicate with the studio or come to the studio for the evaluation.
- In order to participate in the evaluation via Skype you must have at least a cheap computer microphone plugged into the sound card on your computer so you can communicate over the internet.
- We do offer some technical assistance when it comes to getting set up with Skype. Fee based evaluation clients who have paid for their evaluation are welcome to call us for help.
- Just so you know, we do not provide evaluations over the phone. Your presence in the studio or a functional Skype setup are requirements for participation in the fee based evaluation.
To set up your live evaluation please continue to this page to secure your appointment and evaluation time by following through with the registration and payment procedure. Evaluations can be paid for with credit card or upon arrival at the studio in cash. Sorry, no personal checks.
You are welcome and encouraged to ask us any questions you might have via e-mail. We do not discuss pre-evaluation or voice over related information over the phone.